Friday, June 15, 2007

Cowboy Rudy went to dog heaven

Rudy Wright, 17.5 years old, kicked off his spurs and rode bareback into dog heaven June 10, 2007. Rudy, a little black poodle with a white spot on his chest, had the real cowgirl attitude (boys can have it, too) until the very end.

Louie, our PBGV who is 10, always asks us if there are people in heaven. I don't know for sure, but I bet there are. Somebody has to pick up the poop.

May Rudy's little soul and the souls of all the departed dogs (OK, and cats, oh and horses), through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

We never forget them. I still think about my first Airedale, Ben, who committed suicide under my truck in 1992 because I was about to leave for six months in India. He was the best dog even though he tipped over my trashcan and ate cigarette butts (not mine) and those little red strips that surrounded baloney. (Remember those?)

We love you Rudy!

No comments: