Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fabulous Fishing Weekend

Gosh. It's been a month since I posted last. Oh well.

I tried living life like I only have four and a half years to go this past weekend. I went to Kris, Denise, Becky, and Betty's River House for the weekend. Being an introvert and a grump, I find it hard to make myself go places where I will have to be around people I don't know very well for a whole weekend, making nice, smiling, you know. But I went to the River House with seven other people (Denise came up Saturday night); I slept in a tent in a big room with a guy I didn't know well (Oh, he wasn't in the tent; he was safely in another part of the great big room). But he was delightful, everybody was; the trip was a great time, and most importantly, I caught fish! Four. Three little catfish and one junk fish. But, uh. Nobody else did. Deb claims I had the best seat in the boat. OK. Whatever. I'm going to show you the trip, not write about it.

In other news, I have two doctors' appointments on Tuesday, where I will have to weigh. Ack. Then I leave for a conference that evening in Florida. And I will get to see my Mom and Dad and sister, Jennifer. So I better go pack.

Take a look at my videos.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great weekend at river-house.
If it Terri haddent caught those fish, we would have starved!!

I also noticed that she was a natural (or expert) at using a Red Ryder.

Disclaimer: Nobody shot their eye out.

KC

Kate Elliott, editor, LWT said...

Frightening photo -- Terri holding a rifle. Yow! Did she kill any moose? Can you see Russia from there?

3lackeygirls said...

So I'm not the only one who doesn't like to smile that much! Harper had no hope.

Quinroxanne said...

wow..you caught fish? that's great!
I can see you had a great weekend.
I love your photo with a riffle.