Sunday, October 18, 2009

O Ye Jigs & Juleps! Sacraments

I'm going to read the book O Ye Jigs & Juleps! that Kate gave me for my birthday. In this installment, I read the first chapter, Sacraments. The book is said to be written by 10-year-old Virginia Cary Hudson. According to the book flap, Virginia was 10 in 1904 when she wrote the essays for a "very understanding teacher" in her Episcopal boarding school. The chapters include Sacraments, Etiquette at Church, Gardening, Education, Everlasting Life, Spring, The Library, Personal Appearance, An Afternoon's Stroll, China and Religion.

Because the book is believed to be written by a Southerner, a Southerner should surely read it.


4 comments:

Sarah Waldschmidt said...

Hi Terri,

I was wanting to contact you but couldn't find your email address. Could you please send it to me?

Thanks,
Sarah

Terri said...

Sarah, you reached me thru this contact. But you didn't send me an email address.

Sarah Waldschmidt said...

Whopps my bad! Sarah.waldschmidt@intouchsol.com

Sagar said...

Hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome is an inherited cancer-susceptibility syndrome marked by multiple family members with breast cancer, ovarian cancer or both; the presence of both breast and ovarian cancer in a single individual; and early age of breast cancer onset..
brca 1 mutation breast cancer risk